With our March 2016 Kyu Grading approaching we thought we would help you along the way with an extract from our White Belt Training DVD.
Part of our white belt grading for both Juniors and Seniors is to demonstrate how to tie your belt (Obi). It is very simple really, follow the steps the video and soon it will be second nature.
- Make sure your belt is equal lengths on either side.
- Starting at the front, take the belt behind you.
- Cross over at the back.
- Bring both ends back to the front.
- Cross both again and hold in one hand.
- Take the front end and thread between the belt and your Gi.
- Cross the top end over the bottom end and loop.
- Pull tight.